American Legion Auxiliary-Unit 288 of Cedarburg, WI
January 7, 2020
Meeting was called to order with the appropriate opening ceremony.
Treasure Report-Shirley Krier
Checking Balance $
Money Market $
Poppy Funds $
The meal for the Vets Christmas party and Christmas donations that will come out of the Poppy Funds are on hold until Shirley checks with the bank to see if that account has a minimum balance. Treasure report approved and will be placed on file for audit
Our goal is 195 we are at 138, 70.77%. A 2018 transmittal form was turned in to Department to remove all unpaid 2018 members. 21 members were dropped off our roster. Reminder that 2020 dues need to be paid by January 31st in order to stay in good standings with the American Legion Auxiliary Department of WI.
Secretary Sandy Mack- December minuetes approved as written
- President Maggie thanked all who participated. 175 dozen cookies were donated and 39 veterans from Zablocki VA were able to attend the Veterans Christmas Party.
- All outstanding fundraiser reports need to be completed and turned in immediately
- Community Service/Service to Veteran hours should be turned in at the February meeting
- Bridgette Kuhlenbeck is checking on buses to transport auxiliary members to the Highground
- Motion made by Mary Lewandowski, 2nd by Mary Jaeger to purchase 300 pocket flags and sleeves for the Cedarburg Student Union to put together. President Maggie would also be working on getting the students more involved by doing Poppy Posters and the American SA contest.
- Chris Sandoval proposed that we stop throwing candy at both the Christmas Parade/4th of July Parade. Money for candy can be better used for our veterans. Mary Lewandowski purposed that we keep the 4th of July on our agenda for candy. It was agreed by the unit that we no longer purchase candy for just the Christmas parade.
- Chris Sandoval shared a fundraiser idea to sell Kringle’s. She will check into how much profit per Kringle the unit would receive.
- Mary Lee Katzka suggests we purchase store cards which generates an income to the unit. She will check on the store availability and how much profit the unit would receive
- Volunteers needed for organizing the 4th of July parade. Truck/trailer are available
- Motion was made by Chris Sandoval, 2nd by Shirley Krier to host an ALA-In-The-Know at our unit. President Maggie will check on available dates
- ALA State Bowling is March 28th, 29th, April 4th, & 5th, at Circle B if interested you need to sign up by February 27th. President Maggie will bring a sign-up sheet for the February meeting.
- Dates to remember: April 15, 2020 Ozaukee County Council Meeting in Port Washington and April 25, 2020 2nd District Conference at the Country Inn & Suites in Port Washington. A gift basket valued at a minimum of $30 needs to be provided for the County meeting.
- March 14th will be the 101st Legion Birthday Party. President Maggie will contact Out & Out. Suggestion to maybe focus on the functions of the auxiliary.
Chaplain Mary Jaeger offered a closing prayer
President Maggie Geiger called the meeting adjourned
Pot of Gold Winner-Bridgett Kuhlenbeck
ALA Unit 288 of Cedarburg