The American Legion Auxiliary
Peter Wollner Unit 288
Monthly Meeting 10/2/2018
Meeting was called to order by President Gail Andree-Kjell followed by the appropriate opening ceremony.
Secretary Sandy Mack roll call of officers:
11 present 1 absent
Correspondence read by Secretary Sandy Mack
Treasurer Report-Kris Gomez
Beginning Balance Checking $
Ending Balance $
Beginning CD Balance $
Ending CD Balance $
Report will be placed on file for audit
81 Sr’s & 16 Jr’s= 97 paid members
Goal is 231
Gift card recipients Grace Bell-Kwik Trip gas card for $25
Gabriele Batzko- Piggly Wiggly card for $25
Bags for Halloween will be put together after the meeting if anyone is interested in helping. No bags for Thanksgiving. Items needed for Christmas bags would be winter essentials. The $ raised from the Dance of Decades will be used as follows: $200 to purchase lamps for Dom 123 and the remaining $ will go towards gift cards for the Christmas bags.
Working with the schools to find out how many flags they will need. More flags will be ordered and distributed.
Fashion show has been posted on both the Peter Wollner website and Facebook. Barb Tenpenny & Mary Garner will set up the Ansay Insurance window weekend before the show.
Partnership Bank has offered us the use of its building to distribute poppies for Veterans Day. We will have volunteers at the bank on the Saturday prior to Veterans Day from 9-noon, otherwise cans will set out at the bank with poppies.
- Poppy Check was presented to the Post at their last meeting by Shirley Krier
- Volunteer hours need to be turned in for reports
- Anyone knitting/crocheting scarves/hats/gloves needs to get them turned in
- ALA-in-the-Know please turn in your slip if you have not done so
- Donna Kison shared memories from Chuck Kison’s Honor Flight Day
- Shirley Krier Trees From Home, 30 attended-96 trees were decorated/$145 raised for postage
- Kris Gomez Packer Party-raised $, expenses only $ leaving the unit with $, 1/3 goes into the general fund. Donations to the below organizations were motioned and carried:
Christmas Gift Shop $
Wreaths Across American $
Gift Cards Dom 123 $
Family Sharing $
Ozaukee Cty Advocates $
2nd Dist. VA&R Program $
Total Donations $
- Barb Tenpenny Tickets for the Fashion Show are now available $17 in advance and $22 at the door. Everything is on schedule, boutique opens at 11, lunch at noon. Vintage Café will be doing the salad.
- Sandy Mack the Sweat4Vets coordinators are donating all the left over t-shirts to VA&R project Unit 288
- President Gail Andree-Kjell all Wreaths orders need to be turned in and paid for by Friday October 19th. We earn $ per item sold (excluding gift cards)
- Sandy Mack Ozaukee County Council meeting October 24th, salads and desserts will be supplied by the unit and the ham/rolls will be purchased from Piggly Wiggly.
- Kris Gomez Wine/Harvest parking raised $ in which half went to VIP, leaving us $, 1/3rd goes into the general fund ($) the remaining was used for donations listed above.
- Committee was formed for serving food for Veterans Day on Monday November 12th at post 288. Approximately 30-40 attend
- Candy for the Christmas parade in Grafton should be brought to the November meeting
- Legion’s 100th Birthday Party will be March 16, 2019
- Blanket tie will be March 9, 2019
- $ is set in the Poppy Fund for donations and Veterans Christmas Party
- Legion Christmas Party is December 1, 2018
- Veterans Christmas Party is December 2, 2018- sign-up sheet was passed around
- Unit Christmas Party with female veterans from Zablocki/Boudicca House will be on December 4, 2018 with a potluck dinner
- Motion was made and carried to purchase 10 emblems for Juniors to place on shirts when attending an Auxiliary function
Chaplain Mary Jaeger offered a closing prayer
President Gail Andree-Kjell called the meeting adjourned
Pot of Gold winner-Chris Skidmore
Respectfully Submitted By:
Sandy Mack/Unit Secretary