The American Legion Auxiliary Unit 288
Peter Wollner Post
August 14, 2018
The meeting was called to order by Commander Bob Batty with the appropriate opening ceremonies.
Rick Wallock received a plaque in recognition for his outstanding workmanship for the post. Rick is an SAL member however it should not go unnoted that he is a veteran. Thank you Rick for your service and all you. It is always a pleasure for the auxiliary members to work with you.
Commander Bob Batty dismissed the auxiliary members.
Meeting was again called to order by President Gail Andree-Kjell.
Roll call of officers:
11 present 1 absent
Reading of correspondence by Secretary Sandy Mack:
Thank you letters from MS Society for our donation
Thank you from President Gail Andree-Kjell for gift
Letters from: Department President Char Kiesling
2nd District President Danie Wilson
Ozaukee County President Amy Luft
Membership Report- Mary Garner
- Our goal is 231 to be 100%, last year was 227
- In order for your name to be placed in the 2 drawings which are for a $25 gas card and a $25 card to Piggly Wiggly you MUST have your dues paid by October 2nd
Badger Girls-Shirley Krier
- A detailed description of how the girls are chosen and the procedures taken prior to the young ladies attending Badger Girls State
VA&R-President Gail Andree-Kjell (filled in for Heather Garstecki)
- Items needed are Kleenex, toothpaste, deodorant, body wash, winter gloves, socks, granola bars, etc.
- Sandy Mack presented about 33 bags hand-made/donated by Janet Sackett to use for items listed above. Thank you to Mary Jaeger/Barb Tenpenny for donation of material.
Sweat4Vets Report-Sandy Mack
- This was a joint venture with our sister unit Grafton
- Approximately 3500 volunteer hours between the 2 units
- Money raised $
- After expenses there is $ to be split between the 2 units
- Our portion $ (2/3rds to Healing Patriots) 1/3 to unit
- A motion was made that of that 1/3 we use $ to make a total donation to Healing Patriots of $ and placing the other $ into the Auxiliary account.
- Motion was made by Maggie Geiger, 2nd by Sandy Mack, vote was made by ballot to donate the $ to Healing Patriots. Motion was carried.
VIP Parking-Chris Skidmore
- Money raised $ which is split between the unit & VIP. Leaving $ .
- $ is tabled for discussion on whom shall receive these funds
Gold Star Mothers Banquet-President Gail Andree-Kjell filled in for Sue Canney
- 48 people attended
- Fire Ridge gave us the room needed
- 2 GSM’s attended along with a brother
- Roster was passed around for members to update any corrections necessary
Jr. Leader-Vacant position
- Leader needed
- Pins/Ribbons were distributed to new members
- Trees from Home-Shirley Krier
We have 96 trees to decorate, bring your hot glue guns, extension cords and any small decorations that you would like to donate
- Packer Party-Mary Lewandowski
Mary is in need of help please volunteer your time for this great event and contact Mary if you can assist, also looking for donations for raffle/baskets
- Fashion Show-Barb Tenpenny
Everything is on schedule-sandwiches will be ordered from Brandy Wine and members will provide salads/desserts. 2 more models are still needed
- Ozaukee County Council Meeting-Sandy Mack, Shirley Krier & Maggie Geiger
Members elected that the unit provide the meat and individual members will provide salads & desserts. Side up sheet passed around for day of event and food donation. Meat will be tabled until September meeting.
- Parking Chairs for Wine n Harvest Fest are needed
- Wreaths-President Gail Andree-Kjell & Mary Garner
Order forms were passed out asking to please try and get at least 5 each orders
- For reporting purposes all past event reports need to be turned in promptly
- Community service hours are past due please turn into President Gail Andree-Kjell
- Silent March held in Lodi
- ALA dates were given
Closing prayer was offered by Chaplain Mary Jaeger
Pot of Gold winner-Mary Lewandowski
President Gail Andree-Kjell called meeting adjourned