American Legion Auxiliary
Peter Wollner Post Unit 288
MINUTES: Unit Meeting March 6, 2018
Meeting was called to order by President Gail Andree-Kjell followed by the appropriate opening ceremony.
Roll call officers:
7 Present 5 Absent
February minutes were posted, no additions or corrections.
Correspondence was read
Treasurer report given
Goal 225, we are at 222 with 196 paid members, 13 removed from list
Bags will be put together for Memorial, items needed to be collected are:
Floss, Combs, Kleenex, Deodorant, Hair Brushes, Toothbrushes, Chapstick, Nail
Files, and Body wash
Schools were asked to make Valentine’s Day cards and they all participated.
Nancy collected 800 valentines from the schools and a Boy Scout troop and both
her, and Donna Kison delivered them to Zablocki. Nancy also asked the schools
if they could do letters for the “Honor Flight” veterans and has already received
- Sign-up sheets were provided for anyone interested in signing up a Sr. or Jr. Poppy Princess
- Reminder to bring in non-perishable food items for Family Sharing Shopping Cart
- Elections are in May for 2018-2019 officers, if interested in a position contact Sandy Mack 262-388-9816 or email@example.com
- If you will be attending the County Meeting on April 18th/2nd District ALA Spring Conference contact Sue Canney no later than April 10th
- Raffle tickets are available for Spring Conference if interested contact President Gail
- Legion Birthday Party March 10th, approximately 100 will be in attendance
- Creative Board Making-Chair Chris Skidmore
Raised $220, 22 attended-Sandy Mack motioned the full $220 goes towards purchasing pajamas for women at the VA, 2nd by Mary Jaeger.All in favor none opposed motion carried
- Dance of Decades-Chair Debbie Gabert
Everything is on schedule, motion was made by Chris Skidmore and 2nd by Mary Garner for a $700.00 budget.All in favor none opposed motion carried
- Sweat4Vets walk-Sandy Mack/Maggie Geiger/Doralee Piering
Everything is on schedule, website is up and running, working on tri-folds and placemats.
- Remodeling Party is April 21st, this is a Legionaire event, raffle tickets are stil
Available contact Mary Garner for more information.Beginning May 1st,
the front doors will be closed, please use back door entrance only.
- Kentucky Derby Party-Mary Garner/Gail Andree-Kjell
Set for May 5th.Motion was made by Mary Lewandowski, 2nd by Mary Garner for a $700.00 budget which will benefit Camp American Legion.
- Poppy Distribution-Shirley Krier
All locations are secured for May 11th, 12th.Sign-up sheets were passed around, please volunteer for at least (1) 2 hours shift.
- Legion member Keith Collins will pick up lightly used men & womens clothing at the post every Thursday which will be delivered to Mr.& Mrs. West for Veterans Initiative Program. Please place them neatly in a bag and place by the bins in the hallway.
- Chair person is needed for parking this year. This is a great way for us to earn money at little to no cost to the unit. Please contact President Gail if interested
- Sign-up sheet will be passed around at the April meeting for walkers for the Memorial Day Parade
Congratulation to Jan Batty on her retirement. If you are interested in joining a luncheon for Jan please contact President Gail. Luncheon will be on March 13th, 2018
Closing Prayer by Chris Skidmore
Pot of Gold Winner: Carol Grothkiewicz
President Gail called meeting adjourned