The American Legion Auxiliary
Unit 288 Joint Meeting
April 9, 2019
Meeting was called to order by Commander Bob Batty with the appropriate opening ceremony.
Auxiliary President Gail Andree-Kjell thanked Past Sr. Poppy Princess Jo Jo Keller & Jr. Poppy Princess Alexis Roethle for their year of service and talked about all the things the girls did during this past year. Our new Sr. Poppy Princess Alex Roethle was crowned.
Shirley Krier talked about Poppy Distribution and passes around a sign-up sheet for May 10th & 11th.
Sandy Mack talked about the Sweat4vets fundraiser May 18th and pointed out to sign-up prior to May 2nd to be guaranteed a T-Shirt
Commander Bob Batty introduced Ozaukee County President Amy Luft to say a few words.
Auxiliary members were dismissed from the Legion meeting
Secretary Sandy Mack called roll call of officers
11 Present 1 Excused Absence
Secretary Sandy Mack read all correspondence
Treasure report was provided by President Gail Andree-Kjell
April Balance Checking $
April CD balance $
- Membership-1st Vice Mary Garner 185 paid 40 unpaid
- VA&R-Heather Garstecki-Bags for female veterans will be packed on April 15th, @ 4:30 pm in the post basement, approximately 20 bags will be packed
- Badger Girls-Shirley Krier-2 girls from Cedarburg High School will be attending, Julia Cnumuea/Macnesse Fidlin. Orientation is May 15th in Waubeka
- Communications-2nd Vice Carol Szudrowitz-Sweat4Vets posters are being put up around town, upcoming events will be put up at the churches, Carol will check to see if we can get the Koehler window for 2 weeks due to cancellation of the Kentucky Derby
- C&Y/Americanism-Nancy Wallock-600 Valentines made by the schools were delivered to Zablocki VA, Nancy read a very nice thank you letter she received. 5 flags were delivered to Webster School.
- Theme for unit basket for the Ozaukee County meeting is “Country Market” put together by Bridgette Kuhlenbeck & Barb Tenpenny
- Zablocki clothing room field trip is Monday April 22nd, if interested meet at the post at 9:00 am to carpool. Meet Terry West at Zablocki by 10:00 am, go for lunch afterwards
- We are hosting ALA-in-the-Know October 5th. More to follow
- Nominating 2019-2020 Officers-Shirley Krier
President Vacant 1st Vice President Vacant 2nd Vice President Carol Szudrowitz Treasurer Kris Gomez Chaplin Mary Jaeger Historian Vacant(Kathy Nurek will mentor) Sgt@Arms Nancy Wallock Asst Sgt@Arms Donna Kison Executive Committee Maggie Geiger, Sandy Mack, Shirley Krier, Mary Lewandowski
Gold Star Mothers Banquet-Mary Lewandowski, will be June 4th at FireRidge, $20 pp.-suggestions were made to change the name to Blue Star/Gold Star Banquet or Families of the Fallen Soldiers or Gold & Blue Star Military dinner. Concerns were currently the unit pays for the Gold Star Mother’s dinner. Changing the name causes concerns in who pays for the families meal. The committee will discuss, tabled until the May 2019 meeting
Boxes for Troops-Sue Handrick would like to once again pack boxes for deployed soldiers possibly in October. This is tabled until the May 2019 meeting for information in regards to cost.
- June Strawberry Fest parking-If we want to continue this great opportunity to increase our revenue a chairman is needed or we will lose the lot. No volunteers at this time came forward
- Unit donations were brought forward, motioned and carried for the following, all in favor none opposed:
Shirley Krier, Bobby Herman & Mary Jaeger $ each for the MS walk
Family Promise (Chris Sandoval will pick-up) $ for cleaning supplies
- Chris Skidmore-will arrange a Muscle Car show fundraiser scheduled for Saturday Sept. 14th 2019 or sooner. More information to follow
- We have an outstanding donation of approximately $ which was marked for the Demencia(?) unit at Zablocki Medical Center. Maggie Geiger will pick up the items.
Mary Jaeger offered a closing prayer
President Gail Andree-Kjell called the meeting adjourned
Pot of Gold Winner: Shirley Krier
Secretary Sandy Mack