WELCOME TO THE AMERICAN LEGION

America's Largest Veterans Service Organization

myLegion.org Icon
Social IconsSocial IconsSocial IconsSocial IconsSocial Icons

American Legion Auxiliary Unit 288

  • Executive Meeting

    September 16, 2019

    President Maggie Geiger

     

  • President Maggie Geiger called the meeting to order with the appropriate opening ceremony
  • Roll call of officers: In Attendance were President Maggie Geiger, Secretary Sandy Mack, Treasurer Shirley Krier, 1st Vice Carol Szudrowitz, Chaplain Mary Jaeger, Asst Sgt @ Arms Donna Kison & Chris Skidmore Executive member.
  •  
  • Topics of Discussion

     

  • Maggie contacted Department in regards to the letters of resignation and since it was asked if the resignation of officers was accepted by the members and no members accepted or rejected the resignations, according to Roberts Rules all resignation are accepted.
  • Question was asked if we are still able to function with a position not being held and the answer is yes.  The board has 7 members which 6 constitute a forum.
  • ALA-In-The-Know

    Breakfast will be lite with, danish of some sort & lunch will consist of make your own sandwich, a pasta salad, chips and a dessert.  Help is needed in the kitchen.  Shirley Krier is looking into the cost of the meat platter(s)

  • Maggie will ask Mary Garner if she still has the roster available for updating
  • Constitution/By-Laws still need updating and corrections-Sandy Mack will look them over
  • Benevolent committee will consist of the 3 following members.  Sandy Mack-Secretary, Donna Kison-Asst Sgt @ Arms, and Chris Skidmore-Executive member.
  • A motion was made by Carol Szuds and 2nd by Mary Jaeger to have the unit pay up to $10 per meeting for snacks/treats.
  • Ozaukee County Council meeting is 10/16/2019 at the Mequon/Thiensville post.  We are asked to provide a list of upcoming events and a raffle basket valued at a minimum of $30.00.
  • Registration 5:30 p.m.

    Dinner 6:00 p.m.

    Meeting 7:00 p.m.

    Members to pay $2 at the door

    Sign-up sheet will be passed at the next meeting

  • Sweat4Vets-Grafton will open a new account with both Amy Luft & Sandy Mack listed as signee’s.  1 member from Grafton along with Shirley Krier will audit the account on a regular basis.  At this time the choice of 2 recipients were mentioned and they are:

    Department Presidents Project:  Women’s Homeless Initiative

    Department Commanders Project:  Suicide Prevention

  • Decision will be made at the next S4V’s meeting held on September 18th @ the Cheese Factory @ 6:30 pm

  • Membership:  We have 59 paid members for 2020 and are at 30.26% of our goal, new brochures and letters need to ordered and updated for the new membership folders.  Carol Szuds and Maggie Geiger will work on updating
  • Sandy Mack will put together a list of Calendar of Events and post on the website
  • We have the display cabinet in the hall, Maggie Geiger will contact a glass company to give us a price on the cost to put in a few shelves.  Maggie will also contact Mary L. to see if she is interested in decorating once the shelves are put in.  A few members have some memorabilia that they would like displayed, Maggie will make an announcement at an upcoming meeting if anyone would like to share something in the cabinet and we would rotate the items.
  • Maggie still has not gotten a positive answer yet on whether or not the office downstairs is available to the Auxiliary.  Once we have a positive answer it will need to be cleaned.  Chris S & Carol S volunteered to help clean it up.  We also have cabinets available to us in the garage.
  • The post is hoping to have a Grand Opening sometime in November and has asked for the help of the Auxiliary.  More information to follow.
  • December 7th, 2019 is the Post-Christmas Party
  • December 8th, 2019-Vets Christmas Party
  • Christmas donation suggestions from the board is that we spend $from the Poppy Fund & $ from the General Fund.  List of places will be discussed at the next meeting.
  • Karen Degner-Department Chair for National Security will be attending the October meeting
  • Badger Girls will be attending the November meeting
  • Discussion of the purchase of membership pins will be discussed at the next unit  meeting
  • Suggestions for the ALA Centennial celebration?  It was mentioned that perhaps we can collect boots, spray them and place a plant in them for sale to the community in honor of a vet and place them out as a tribute on Memorial Day, further discussion will be offered at the next unit meeting
  • Gift ideas to the legion were discussed.
  • Sandy Mack reported on the 1 day trap shoot that we sponsored in Sheboygan, we motioned that we would pay up to $800 for 100 veterans to shoot and only 14 veterans joined the shoot.  Total cost $.  Sandy Mack will provide Shirley Krier will the bill once it is received.
  • November 3rd, 2019 is the Packer Party, a meeting is being held this week and a budget will be brought to the next unit meeting for approval.
  • Unit meetings are 1st Tuesday of every month.  Social 6:00-6:30 Meeting 6:30
  • Executive meetings are 3rd Monday of every month @ 6:00 p.m.
  •  

    Respectfully Submitted By:

    Sandy Mack-Unit 288 Secretary

  Next Page >>


TOP